Most of the candidates dream of becoming an IAS officer due to certain reasons which are emotionally driven. Rather Union Public Service needs candidates who are self-motivated for the welfare of the society and those who will help in the implementation of policies laid down by the central government.
- 1 Why do you want to be an IAS officer best answer?
- 2 What are the qualities of a good IAS officer?
- 3 Who takes IAS interview?
- 4 Why should I prepare for UPSC?
- 5 How can I think like IAS officer?
- 6 How should I prepare for IAS?
- 7 What if I fail in IAS interview?
- 8 Is IAS interview tough?
- 9 Who got lowest marks in UPSC?
- 10 Can a weak student crack IAS?
- 11 Can I crack IAS in 1 year?
- 12 How can I start my IAS at home?
Why do you want to be an IAS officer best answer?
Moreover, professional growth in IAS is rapid. They get a chance to serve in various departments of government. This variety of assignments and rapid professional growth and are enough for high job satisfaction for me. Last but not least, IAS’s prestige and pride are also a reason I want to join IAS.
What are the qualities of a good IAS officer?
10 Topmost Qualities and Skills of an IAS Officer
- Legal and Rational Action.
- Responsibility and Liability.
- Hard Work & Commitment.
- Out-of-the-Box Thinking for Excellence in Work.
- Decisive and Resilient in Approach.
- Principle of Utilitarianism.
Who takes IAS interview?
Board members of UPSC conduct the interviews. It comprises four members and a chairperson. There are different types of UPSC interviews, depending upon the post.
Why should I prepare for UPSC?
The knowledge gained with the CSE preparations brings a totally new perspective towards life in whatever occupation you choose. One can fail in exams like CSE but not in life. You must take IAS preparations as a phase in life and not as your life.
How can I think like IAS officer?
Its Time To Train Your Mind! Think Like An IAS Officer
- Perfect Attitude Of An IAS Officer.
- Tips To Develop The Skills Required By An IAS Officer.
- Tips To Prepare Your Mind For UPSC Exam.
- Do Not Procrastinate!
- Build Only The Right Attitude.
- Learn To Eliminate Exam Fear.
- Keep Your Mind Clean.
- Visualize Your Success.
How should I prepare for IAS?
10 Tips for Students to Prepare for IAS Exam while in College
- Take the early advantage.
- Realise that you have time constraints, so prioritize your time!
- Buy the most recommended books for IAS preparation.
- Enroll for ClearIAS mock test series.
- Utilise your spare time.
- Read newspapers and magazines.
- Keep writing.
What if I fail in IAS interview?
Any candidate has to clear all the three stages (Prelims, Mains, Interview) to get into the final Merit list. The marks obtained in the Mains and Interview are added and there is a fixed cut-off. If the total marks do not cross the cut-off marks, then the candidate is considered failed in UPSC Interview.
Is IAS interview tough?
As of now, the IAS interview panel consists of eminent personalities from different fields and is headed by a chairman. However, it does sound challenging but considering that you have already sailed past the prelims and main exam, interview should not be much difficult.
Who got lowest marks in UPSC?
This year, among the top 10 rank holders, rank one Subham Kumar has been awarded the lowest mark in the interview. Kumar comes from Kushwaha community of Bihar, which is enlisted in the OBC category.
Can a weak student crack IAS?
This is only a myth. If your question is “Can an average student crack IAS?”, then the answer is YES! We present a few success stories of some aspirants who were “average” students and yet cleared the exam proving that you need not be a topper to crack the IAS Exam.
Can I crack IAS in 1 year?
The answer is yes. One year is sufficient to crack IAS exam no matter how difficult UPSC exam is. The IAS exam which is also known as the civil services exam is a government exam conducted annually by the UPSC. 1 year is enough for the IAS preparation if an individual focuses on study with a full concentration.
How can I start my IAS at home?
How to prepare for IAS at home?
- Understand the UPSC pattern and procedure first.
- Go through the UPSC syllabus thoroughly.
- Start reading a few books and watch video lectures online for a few basic subjects like polity, history, geography, etc.
- Read the newspaper regularly.