CSIS intelligence analysts gather and analyze information or data from different sources, such as the CSIS database, surveillance tapes, or intelligence networks to support investigations.
- 1 What does the Canadian security intelligence Service do?
- 2 Do CSIS intelligence officers carry guns?
- 3 How do you get a job with the intelligence department?
- 4 How do you become a CSIS?
- 5 Can you quit CSIS?
- 6 Is an intelligence officer a spy?
- 7 How long is CSIS training?
- 8 Is it hard to get a job with CSIS?
- 9 What is highest paid job in Canada?
- 10 Do you need to be bilingual to work for CSIS?
- 11 What is the salary of IB officer?
- 12 Can I join IB after 12?
- 13 What is the salary of RAW agent?
What does the Canadian security intelligence Service do?
CSIS is at the forefront of Canada’s national security system. Our role is to investigate activities suspected of constituting threats to the security of Canada and to report on these to the Government of Canada.
Do CSIS intelligence officers carry guns?
CSIS agents are known to have carried an unspecified gun type in foreign flashpoints, such as Afghanistan.
How do you get a job with the intelligence department?
To join Intelligence Bureau (IB) you need to apply for CGPE (Combined Graduate Preliminary Exam) that is conducted by SSC (Staff Selection Commission) every year. You have to pass the Tier 1 & Tier 2 exam, and crack the round of interviews. To join RAW you should apply for Group A Civil Service Exam.
How do you become a CSIS?
To be eligible to work for CSIS you must:
- Be a Canadian citizen.
- Have 10 years of verifiable information.
- Have a valid permanent Canadian driver’s license (certain positions)
- Agree to relocate anywhere across Canada (Intelligence Officer only)
Can you quit CSIS?
Yes. You must first apply online at Canada.ca/csis-jobs and after successfully completing the application process, resign from your public service job. You may also opt to take a leave without pay from your current employer. As CSIS is part of the public service, most of your benefits should be transferable.
Is an intelligence officer a spy?
Intelligence officers are members of intelligence services. They will be highly trained in espionage techniques and the use of agents.
How long is CSIS training?
This course lasts approximately six months.
Is it hard to get a job with CSIS?
Keep in mind that working for CSIS offers an opportunity like no-other, and can be very competitive. Over a two-year span, in 2012-13, CSIS received more than 100,000 CVs only a small portion of those are chosen for the recruitment process.
What is highest paid job in Canada?
Highest paying jobs in Canada
- Surgeons/doctors. Topping the list, surgeons and doctors earn on average between $236K and $676K per year.
- Lawyers. The average salary for a lawyer hovers around $302K (with location and area of practice having a strong influence on income).
- Chief Marketing Officers (CMO), 5.
Do you need to be bilingual to work for CSIS?
Anyone who applies has to know English and French or agree to become bilingual through training. Requirements for the job include a bachelor’s degree, an understanding of the CSIS mandate and priorities about national security, a willingness to travel and the ability to relocate anywhere in Canada for work as needed.
What is the salary of IB officer?
The IB ACIO salary is in accordance with the 7th pay commission. The pay band figures of this post is INR 44900 – 142400 alongside the grade pay of INR 4200 (PB-2). Though the post is temporary, the employees receive standard allowances similar to that of the Central Government Employees.
Can I join IB after 12?
The Aspirants must complete 12th Class with Physics and Mathematics and IT in Electronics/ Radio Technician / Electronics & Communication to apply IB Recruitment. Age Limit: Candidates applying for IB Notification must attain the below age limit as per the notification. Maximum Age: 56 Years.
What is the salary of RAW agent?
The RAW agent salary per annum ranges from INR 9.60 Lakhs to INR 15.60 Lakhs. Some other benefits apart from a RAW agent’s salary are: RAW agents or officials get two months of extra pay per financial year.