Air Force Officer Ranks: Company Grade
- Second Lieutenant (2nd Lt)(O1) The rank of second lieutenant is shown through a single gold bar.
- First Lieutenant (1st Lt)(O2)
- Captain (Capt)(O3)
- Major (Maj)(O4)
- Lieutenant Colonel (Lt Col)(O5)
- Colonel (Col)(O6)
- Brigadier General (Brig Gen)(O7)
- Major General (Maj Gen)(O8)
- 1 How many officer ranks are in the Air Force?
- 2 What are the 5 ranks of officers?
- 3 What officer positions are available in the Air Force?
- 4 What rank will I be in the Air Force with a bachelor’s degree?
- 5 Who is the lowest rank in Air Force officer?
- 6 What is an 05 in the military?
- 7 What are the four airman ranks?
- 8 What are the 6 armed forces?
- 9 What is the top rank in the military?
- 10 Is captain a high rank?
- 11 Is lieutenant higher than captain?
- 12 What is the best officer job in Air Force?
- 13 What degree do you need to be an officer in the Air Force?
- 14 What is the best AFB to be stationed at?
How many officer ranks are in the Air Force?
There are three tiers: company-grade officers(O-1 to O-3), field grade officers(O-4 to O-6), and general officers(O-7 and above.) Commissioned officers are appointed by the Senate, and usually, decide to pursue a long-term military career. A Second Lieutenant is the lowest rank given to newly commissioned officers.
What are the 5 ranks of officers?
- Second Lieutenant. Typically the entry-level rank for most commissioned officers.
- First Lieutenant. A seasoned lieutenant with 18 to 24 months of service.
- Lieutenant Colonel.
- Brigadier General.
- Major General.
What officer positions are available in the Air Force?
Air Force Commissioned Officer Job Descriptions
- Air Force Pilots.
- Air Force Navigator Field.
- Space, Missile, and Command and Control.
- Air Force Intelligence Officers.
- Logistics Officers.
- Arts and Humanities Officers.
- Health and Medicine Officers in the Air Force.
- Law and Enforcement Officers in the Air Force.
What rank will I be in the Air Force with a bachelor’s degree?
When you join the Air Force with a college degree, you can enter as an officer and a leader. We’ll provide you with training to develop the skills and character you need to become a world-class officer prepared to lead your fellow Airmen.
Who is the lowest rank in Air Force officer?
Air Force officer ranks are divided into three sections: company grade, field grade and general officers. Company grade officers are those officers in grades O-1 to O-3, field grade officers are grades O-4 to O-6 and general officers are O-7 and above.
What is an 05 in the military?
Lieutenant Colonel (LTC)(O5)
What are the four airman ranks?
Air Force Ranks: Airman (E-1 through E-4)
- Airman (E-2)
- Airman First Class (E-3)
- Senior Airman (E-4)
- Staff Sergeant (E-5)
- Technical Sergeant (E-6)
- Master Sergeant (E-7)
- Senior Master Sergeant (E-8)
- Chief Master Sergeant (E-9)
What are the 6 armed forces?
The Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Space Force and Coast Guard are the armed forces of the United States. The Army National Guard and the Air National Guard are reserve components of their services and operate in part under state authority.
What is the top rank in the military?
What Is the Highest Military Rank? The highest military rank is O-10, or “five-star general.” It is symbolized by five stars for each of the military services. Although it is currently a part of the military service rank system, no officer has been promoted to it since World War II, when the rank was created.
Is captain a high rank?
captain, a rank in the military and maritime service, and the highest-ranking company officer. In the British and U.S. navies the rank corresponds to the army rank of colonel, as does group captain in the Royal Air Force.
Is lieutenant higher than captain?
In the British Army and in the United States Army, Air Force, and Marine Corps, a second lieutenant is the lowest ranking commissioned officer. Above him in those U.S. services comes a first lieutenant —lieutenant in the British Army—and then a captain.
What is the best officer job in Air Force?
Jump To An Air Force Officer Job
- #1. Cyberspace Operations Officer.
- #2. Intelligence Officer.
- #3. Pilot/Remotely Piloted Aircraft Pilot.
- #4. Weather Officer.
- #5. Air Battle Manager Officer.
- #6. Combat Systems Officer (CSO)
- #7. Security Forces Officer.
- #8. Tactical Air Control Party (TACP) Officer.
What degree do you need to be an officer in the Air Force?
To join as an Air Force Officer, at a minimum you must have a four-year college degree or be within 365 days of attaining your bachelor’s degree when you apply.
What is the best AFB to be stationed at?
Top 5 duty stations in the Air Force
- Joint Base San Antonio, Texas. With two Air Force bases in the area, San Antonio tops our list.
- Scott Air Force Base, Illinois.
- MacDill AFB, Florida.
- Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
- United States Air Force Academy, Colorado.