To join the Navy, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen; or Legal Permanent Resident (Enlisted)
- Be between the ages of 17 and 39 to enlist or be between 19 and 42 to become an Officer*
- Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent (Enlisted) or have a four-year degree from an accredited university (Officer)
- 1 How can I become Indian Navy officer?
- 2 What does it mean to join the Navy as an officer?
- 3 Can 12th pass apply for Navy?
- 4 What is the age limit for Navy?
- 5 How long do Navy officers serve?
- 6 Which subject is best for navy?
- 7 Which stream is best for navy?
- 8 Can girls join navy?
- 9 How can I study navy?
- 10 How many percent is in the Navy?
- 11 What are the exams for Navy?
Candidates on completion of the 10+2 (PCM) Examination or while in the 12th standard are eligible to compete. Successful candidates join the NDA or Naval Academy as Naval cadets. Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE). University graduates are eligible to appear in the examination.
Commissioned Officers are members of the Navy or Navy Reserve who have a degree from a four-year college or university as a minimum educational requirement and have gone through Officer Training. Officer responsibilities range from low-level management to middle management, to the highest levels of command.
Indian Navy vacancy 2021 Educational Qualification Candidates who are applying for the Artificer Apprentice (AA) posts must have passed 12th with 60% or more marks in aggregate with Maths & Physics and have Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science.
Age: The age limit should be between 17 to 20 years. Step 1: Candidates will be required to first visit the official website of Join Indian Navy at joinindiannavy.gov.in.
For officers, the most common duty tour is for eight years – three or four years in active duty, plus four or five more in the U.S. Navy Reserve, bringing the total to eight years. Other service lengths for Naval officers, however, are not unusual.
(i) Physics (with Mathematics in B.sc). (ii) Mathematics (with Physics in B.sc). (iii) Chemistry (with Physics in B.Sc). (iv) Computer Application or Computer science with Physics or Mathematics at Graduation Level.
Its completely your own decision to choose in which stream you should go but in Indian Navy most of the task are engineering based. So, for choosing a career in the Indian Navy you should take Science with Maths as your stream.
Women have to compete with male candidates on an open merit system in Short Service. The selection of the candidates will be purely based on merit in the Services Selection Board. The Government of India has also approved the Permanent Commission for women in Law, Education and Naval Architecture Cadre.
Requirements for Merchant Navy Bachelor Courses:
- For bachelor Merchant Navy courses, candidates must have completed Class 12 with Science stream and Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- The minimum marks requirement is 60 per cent.
- The minimum age requirement for this is between 17 to 25 years.
The candidates must have 60% aggregate marks in Class X & XII and minimum 60% marks in English in Class X OR XII. 09. Naval Armament Inspector Cadre 19 ½ to 25 BE/B. Tech from AICTE recognized university/ institute with minimum 60% marks.
List of Navy Entrance Exams for those with HSC qualification
- Indian Navy Sailors (Direct Entry) – Examination.
- I.N.A Exam – Indian Navy Artificer Apprentices Exam.
- Indian Navy Dockyard Apprentices Exam.
- Indian Navy Sailors Matric Entry Recruitment Exam.
- National Defense Academy and Naval Academy Examination.