- Call the county courthouse where the probationer was assigned probation.
- Ask for contact information of the probation office.
- Request the probation officer’s name by providing the clerk with the probationer’s full name and any other applicable information you have, such as his date of birth or address.
- 1 How can I find a person’s parole officer?
- 2 Can I call my husbands probation officer?
- 3 What do parole officers look for?
- 4 How can I find out if someone is on probation for free?
- 5 What does violating parole mean?
- 6 What do you call someone on probation?
- 7 Can you be in a relationship while on probation?
- 8 Do parole officers track cell phones?
- 9 Who are disqualified for parole?
- 10 Can 2 people on parole live with each other?
- 11 Is being on probation public record?
- 12 How do I find out if someone is on federal probation?
- 13 How do you check if your probation is over?
How can I find a person’s parole officer?
Call the county or federal probation office using the telephone number listed on the website. Provide the name of the person on probation, and ask the receptionist to find the person’s probation officer for you. You will either be transferred to the appropriate probation officer or given the officer’s name.
Can I call my husbands probation officer?
You can speak to anyone you wish– including his Probation Officer and his lawyer. Understand that each have different interests. The lawyer works for your husband; Probation works for the court.
What do parole officers look for?
Probation/parole officers have access to an offender’s criminal history, pre-sentence investigation and risk assessments, and probably have met with, or at least talked to the offender to get an idea of how they are reacting to being supervised.
How can I find out if someone is on probation for free?
Probation Reports Are Public Records Public records are just that – available to the public and without a fee. Your local police station or county courthouse houses most of the information you need to determine if a specific person is on probation. Start with a telephone call and follow up with an online search.
What does violating parole mean?
To violate parole is to fail to live up to its conditions. The violation could be a bad act (like committing a new crime) or a failure to act (like not getting the parole officer’s permission to leave the county or state before going out of town).
What do you call someone on probation?
Probation is the period during which a person, ” the probationer,” is subject to critical examination and evaluation. If the probationer violates a condition of probation, the court may place additional restrictions on the probationer or order the probationer to serve a term of imprisonment.
Can you be in a relationship while on probation?
You can have a relationship and/or associate with anyone you want. BUT if there is a term of probation that you have no contact with “whoever” you can go to jail or prison for it. You need to ask yourself how important it is to have contact with that person.
Do parole officers track cell phones?
Under Supreme Court rulings, yes. For a probation officer to search your cellphone, they must generally have a warrant to do so. While on probation, the Court ruled, the right to privacy should not be taken away unless reasonable.
Who are disqualified for parole?
II. Disqualification of a Parole Case:
- Inmates convicted of offenses punished with death penalty or life imprisonment;
- Inmates convicted of treason, conspiracy or proposal to commit treason or espionage;
- Inmates convicted of misprision of treason, rebelion, sedition or coup d’etat;
Can 2 people on parole live with each other?
There is no law that prohibits 2 felons from living together. That having been said, if someone is on parole they may be prohibited by the conditions of that parole from “associating” with other convicted felons. However, if they were legally married the parole office might make an exception.
Is being on probation public record?
Probation records, like arrest records, incarceration records and parole records, are publicly available for anybody to view for free. Public probation records can be found through the courts and often are published online.
How do I find out if someone is on federal probation?
Visit the federal courts website and click on the “court locator” link at the top of the page. Under “advanced search,” type in the city in which the probationer lives. Then click on the link for the “Probation Office.” You can call the phone number listed.
How do you check if your probation is over?
Ask Your Probation Officer Your probation officer will know the date your probation ends, so call him to get the exact date your probation is over. If you’re still under the probation officer’s supervision, make sure to check in with him regularly as directed by the court.