How to become a traffic cop
- Earn your high school diploma or GED.
- Consider pursuing a college degree.
- Apply to a police department.
- Complete a police academy training program.
- Work through a probationary period.
- 1 What qualifications do I need to become a traffic officer?
- 2 How many years does it take to become a traffic officer?
- 3 How do I become a traffic officer UK?
- 4 Where can I study traffic officer?
- 5 Which college can I study traffic?
- 6 Can I become a police without matric?
- 7 What do traffic officers do?
- 8 How much do traffic police earn UK?
- 9 Is 40 too old to join the police UK?
- 10 Do you need a degree to be a police officer UK?
- 11 What can I study without Grade 12?
What qualifications do I need to become a traffic officer?
How to become a Traffic Officer
- Minimum educational qualification of matric or grade 12 or equivalent.
- Code B driving licence (manual transmission).
- No Criminal record.
- Medical Certificate as proof that a person can do strenuous exercise.
- Applicants shall not be older than 35 years of age.
How many years does it take to become a traffic officer?
How long is Traffic Officer training? A Traffic Officer’s course takes one year. However, a refresher course for the officers depends on the client’s request.
How do I become a traffic officer UK?
To apply for a post as in the Police Traffic Department you must have completed your 2-year probationary period and proved yourself to be a competent police officer and must have passed your basic police driving course.
Where can I study traffic officer?
WHERE DO I TRAIN AS A TRAFFIC OFFICER?
- Limpopo Traffic Training College.
- Boekenhoutkloof Traffic Training College.
- KZN Traffic Training College.
- Lengau Traffic Training College.
- Mangaung Traffic Training College.
- Gene Louw Traffic Training College.
- Durban Metro Police Department Academy.
Which college can I study traffic?
The colleges are:
- Limpopo Traffic Training College (Polokwane, Limpopo)
- Boekenhoutkloof Traffic Training College (Pretoria, Gauteng)
- KZN Traffic Training College (Pietermaritzburg, KZN)
- Lengau Traffic Training College (Bloemfontein, Free State)
- Mangaung Traffic Training College (Bloemfontein, Free State)
Can I become a police without matric?
If you are looking to apply to become a police officer then you should know that you do not have to obtain a diploma or degree but you must have passed matric with the compulsory languages and mathematics or mathematical literacy. You must be fluent in English and at least one other official language.
What do traffic officers do?
Traffic Officers’ responsibilities coordinating the resources of the emergency services. managing traffic to reduce incident related congestion. clearing debris from the carriageways. re-opening routes as soon as it is safe to do so.
How much do traffic police earn UK?
The average salary for a Traffic Officer is £28,434 per year in United Kingdom, which is 5% higher than the average Highways England salary of £26,858 per year for this job.
Is 40 too old to join the police UK?
There’s no upper age limit for applying to the police service. Candidates who have reached the age of 18 years may apply to become a police officer and can take up appointment on reaching the age of 18½.
Do you need a degree to be a police officer UK?
Police officer education and qualifications. The College of Policing really wants to emphasise that you do not need a degree to become a police officer. However, under the new Policing Education Qualifications Framework (PEQF), you will have to gain a degree if you join through the new Degree Apprenticeship Programme.
What can I study without Grade 12?
More Courses You Can Study Without A Matric Certificate:
- Bookkeeping and Accounting Studies.
- Policing, Forensics and Investigation Studies.
- Office Administration and Secretarial Studies.
- Business Management Studies.
- Beauty Therapy Studies.
- Occupational Health and Safety Studies.
- Project Management Studies.