How to become a security officer
- Obtain a high school degree. All security officers must be at least 18 years old and have their high school diploma or an equivalent.
- Go through pre-job training. After applying for a job, you will need to complete the required training.
- Pass a background check.
- Get a security license.
- 1 What does it take to be a security officer?
- 2 Can anyone be a security officer?
- 3 How long does it take to become a security officer?
- 4 Is security officer job hard?
- 5 Is security a good career?
- 6 What is the highest paying security job?
- 7 How do I get a CCTV Licence?
- 8 Can security be a career?
- 9 What are disadvantages of security?
- 10 Do security guards work alone?
What does it take to be a security officer?
You must be over 18 years of age, obtain a National Police Certificate and hold a current Provide First Aid Certificate. People involved in security work usually need a drivers licence. Security officers working in licensed venues (where alcohol is served) will need a Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate.
Can anyone be a security officer?
There are no specific requirements to become a security officer/guard. However, you need a Certificate of Approval issued by the Ministry of Justice to work.
How long does it take to become a security officer?
Note: The minimum timeframe for a complete application to be processed is approximately 6 to 8 weeks and SMS and emails are used to communicate with you throughout the process.
Is security officer job hard?
The job is difficult and risky because it requires the officer to protect the individuals and property where he works. The officers deter criminal activity such as theft, vandalism and terrorism, protect their employer’s investments and enforce the rules in the property where they work.
Is security a good career?
A job as a security guard can be anything you want it to be: a reliable career choice, an exciting opportunity to help people, or a stepping stone to other pursuits. Whichever you choose, becoming a security officer can put you on the road to success.
What is the highest paying security job?
Top 10 Highest-Paying Security Careers for 2020
- Chief Information Security Officer.
- Security Architect.
- Risk Manager.
- Systems, Network, and/or Web Penetration Tester.
- Network Security Engineer.
- Network Security Administrator.
- Cyber Crime Investigator.
- Information Security Analyst.
How do I get a CCTV Licence?
How to apply for the SIA Licence
- ✅ Pass the CCTV Operator Training Course.
- ✅Complete the licence application on the SIA website.
- ✅ Complete identity checks.
- ✅Submit application and wait for the SIA to complete identity and criminal background checks.
- ✅ Receive your 3 year licence in the post.
Can security be a career?
SECURITY CAN LEAD TO ENDLESS OPPORTUNITIES An entry-level job in the security-industry nowadays can offer you a number of lucrative career choices. Like any career, the profession of security has evolved to a point that has multiple domains of application.
What are disadvantages of security?
Disadvantages of Security Guards
- Modern live video surveillance systems offer many of the same advantages—without the large retainer or paycheck.
- Security guards expose employers to greater liability and insurance costs.
- Security guards passively monitor property, and are prone to boredom-related failure.
Do security guards work alone?
Although the work can be different depending on the assignment, most Guard work is routine, tiring, and a bit dangerous. Some Guards work alone at night while a store or firm is closed to the public. Others work day shifts and protect the safety of workers as well as the building and its equipment.