Wages. The current salary range is $27.22 to $35.78 hourly / $56,835 to $74,709 annually. Conservation officers are also eligible for seasonal overtime earnings.
- 1 What state pays DNR officers the most?
- 2 How much do park rangers make?
- 3 How much do Texas game wardens make?
- 4 How do you become a DEC officer?
- 5 Is being a game warden worth it?
- 6 What is the highest paying park ranger job?
- 7 How much do Yellowstone park rangers make?
- 8 What is a good yearly salary?
- 9 Is becoming a game warden hard?
- 10 What college is best for game warden?
- 11 Can you have tattoos as a game warden?
What state pays DNR officers the most?
The highest average salaries for conservation officers are found in the following nonmetropolitan areas:
- Capital/Northern New York: $70,300.
- Hill Country Region of Texas: $69,410.
- North Texas Region of Texas: $68,660.
- North Coast Region of California: $66,430.
- Coastal Plains Region of Texas: $63,470.
How much do park rangers make?
In the United States, park rangers take home an average, yearly salary of $38,660, with the top 10 percent taking home roughly $84,980 each year, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Salaries for park rangers will vary depending on the state and wildlife department in which they work.
How much do Texas game wardens make?
Texas Game Warden Salary According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average game warden in the state of Texas makes a median salary of $64,920 per year.
How do you become a DEC officer?
Steps for Becoming a Conservation Officer
- Acquire the education and/or experience needed for the conservation officer job for which you are applying.
- Complete a training program offered by the state (optional).
- Apply for a conservation officer job.
- Undergo a background check.
- Take and pass a drug test.
Is being a game warden worth it?
It Offers an Excellent Outdoor Work Environment A game warden career is perfect for the woodsy, nature lover devoted to helping the area’s natural ecosystem. In this role, you are constantly surrounded by nature you adore and protect. Plus, there are many scientific benefits of working outside.
What is the highest paying park ranger job?
Park Ranger Pay Distribution The average pay for a Park Ranger is $74,533.70. The highest paid Park Ranger made $197,300 in 2020.
How much do Yellowstone park rangers make?
General and Interpretive Park Rangers Current salaries (as of 2020) for park rangers, according to the GS are: GS-5: $30,113 – $39,149. GS-7: $37,301 – $48,448. GS-9: $45,627 – $59,316.
What is a good yearly salary?
According to the census, the national average household income in 2019 was $68,703. A living wage would fall below this number while an ideal wage would exceed this number. Given this, a good salary would be $75,000.
Is becoming a game warden hard?
Becoming a game warden is a rigorous process, but if you have a love for the outdoors and a desire to protect it, follow this guide to learn how to get started.
What college is best for game warden?
Traditional Fish and Game Warden Degree Programs
- University of Georgia (Athens, GA)
- Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI)
- Montana State University (Bozeman, MT)
- University of Florida (Gainesville, FL)
- Duke University (Durham, NC)
Can you have tattoos as a game warden?
Dress Code: Cadets and Game Wardens are required to wear a prescribed uniform and adhere to established dress and grooming standards. Hair for both male and female officers in uniform, must be of natural color and in length and style; No tattoos from the neck and above, to include any part of the head are allowed.