How to Become a Marine Officer
- Join the Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps (NROTC)
- Complete the Platoon Leaders Class during summers while attending college.
- Attend the Officer Candidate Course after college.
- Enroll in the U.S. Naval Academy.
- Obtain a meritorious promotion while an enlisted Marine.
- 1 How long does it take to become a Marine officer?
- 2 How competitive is it to become a Marine officer?
- 3 Is becoming a Marine officer hard?
- 4 What is a Marine officer salary?
- 5 What GPA is required for the Marines?
- 6 Do Marine officers go to Annapolis?
- 7 What is a good GPA for OCS?
- 8 Do Marine officers go to bootcamp?
- 9 Do you need a certain GPA to join the Marines?
- 10 How long is the Basic School for Marine officers?
- 11 How long is Marine boot camp?
- 12 Can you join Marines as an officer?
- 13 Do Marines get paid for life?
- 14 Which military branch pays the most?
- 15 Do Marines get free housing?
How long does it take to become a Marine officer?
OCC is a 10-week commissioning program in Quantico, VA for college seniors and graduates interested in earning the title as a United States Marine Officer. Upon completion, newly commissioned Marine Officers will begin active duty at The Basic School (TBS) as Second Lieutenants.
How competitive is it to become a Marine officer?
Now the process is highly competitive. The experience can vary. First you find an Officer Selection Office; it is similar to a Marine Corps Recruiting Station. Then you have to show that you are physically fit, which means that you will have to take a physical fitness test and score high.
Is becoming a Marine officer hard?
Marine Corps Officer Candidate School is one of the most difficult and demanding military training schools in the world. Located in Quantico, VA, Marine OCS is where aspiring young men and woman go with hopes of commissioning in the Marine Corps. Getting selected is competitive and an accomplishment in itself.
What is a Marine officer salary?
The Marines salary maximum, based on active duty years, varies for each rank. Salaries for officers in ranks O-7 through O-10 cannot exceed the defined rate of pay for Level II, $189,601 annually, of the 2018 Executive Schedule or Level V, $153,799 annually, for ranks O6 and lower.
What GPA is required for the Marines?
Pass the ASVAB, with an EL score of 115 or better; or have an SAT score of 1000 or better; or have an ACT of 45 (math+english). Pass a physical examination. Pass, and be competitive, a rigorous Physical Fitness Test (PFT). Be a full time student with better than a 2.0 GPA.
Do Marine officers go to Annapolis?
U.S. Naval Academy Upon graduation, you will be commissioned as a Marine officer. Just the same as with 4 year college/NROTC, following their commissioning, Marine officers will attend TBS.
What is a good GPA for OCS?
An applicant must have a minimum of a 2.0 grade point average (GPA) based on a 4.0 system to be considered for the OCS (RA or USAR) enlistment option.
Do Marine officers go to bootcamp?
Officers are not required to attend boot camp. To receive a commission as an officer, you must have at least a bachelor’s degree in any subject. You will still be required to attend officer training to learn Navy values and the leadership skills you will need as an officer overseeing enlisted sailors.
Do you need a certain GPA to join the Marines?
The minimum high school GPA allowed is 2.5. You must score no lower than a 920 on your SAT and at least 19 on your ACT.
How long is the Basic School for Marine officers?
Course overview The Officer Basic Course currently lasts 28 weeks, during which new officers receive classroom, field, and practical application training on weapons, tactics, leadership and protocol.
How long is Marine boot camp?
How Long Is Marine Basic Training? Marine Basic Training is approximately 13 weeks in four phases. Week One is preparation for the 12 weeks of training ahead. Recruits can expect a flurry of paperwork, haircuts, uniform and gear issue, medical evaluations and the initial strength test.
Can you join Marines as an officer?
To commission as a Marine Officer, you must be a United States citizen between 20 and 28 and have obtained both a high school diploma and a bachelor’s degree. Both enlisted and officer candidates must pass a criminal background check and have no felony convictions.
Do Marines get paid for life?
The 20-year minimum applies whether you serve as an officer or enlisted member. Marine retirement pay is the same as retirement pay in any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces. As with the Army, Air Force, Navy and Coast Guard, a Marine Corps pension is based on years of service and rank (pay grade) upon retirement.
Which military branch pays the most?
10 Highest Paid Military Branch in 2021
- 8) United States Marine Corp-
- 7) German Army-
- 6) French Foreign Legion-
- 5) United States Air Force-
- 4) Royal New Zealand Air Force-
- 3) British Army-
- 2) Canadian Armed Forces (CAF)-
- 1) Australian Defense Force-
Do Marines get free housing?
Generally, military housing is provided for all service members, whether they’re living on or off base.