FIND YOUR OFFICER PATH
- Attend Officer Training School after earning college or postgraduate degree. Upon earning a college or postgraduate degree, you can take the steps to enter the Air Force as an officer.
- Attend the U.S. Air Force Academy.
- Join AFROTC in college.
- Enlist and work toward becoming an officer.
- 1 How do I join the Air Force as an officer?
- 2 How long does it take to become an officer in the Air Force?
- 3 What education do you need to be a officer in the Air Force?
- 4 What are the three ways to become an Air Force officer?
- 5 What is the GPA requirement for Air Force officer?
- 6 Can you become an officer without a degree?
- 7 How hard is Air Force officer training?
- 8 Should I enlist or become an officer?
- 9 What disqualifies you from joining the Air Force?
- 10 Can you become an officer in the Air Force without a college degree?
- 11 Is it hard to become an officer after enlisting?
- 12 How often do Air Force officers get deployed?
How do I join the Air Force as an officer?
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any field with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognised university. Short Service Commission is for the candidates who wish to become the technical officers in the Air Force. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any field and must have cleared the AFCAT examination.
How long does it take to become an officer in the Air Force?
After completing a four-year degree, graduates may enroll in OCS. This is also known as Officer Training School (OTS) in the Air Force. OCS/OTS varies in length between Services, but generally lasts 9 to 17 weeks.
What education do you need to be a officer in the Air Force?
To join as an Air Force Officer, at a minimum you must have a four-year college degree or be within 365 days of attaining your bachelor’s degree when you apply.
What are the three ways to become an Air Force officer?
There are four main ways to become an Air Force Officer. You can apply to go to Officer Training School, attend the Air Force Academy, go through Air Force ROTC in college, or enlist and work your way towards becoming an Officer.
What is the GPA requirement for Air Force officer?
Meet minimum Air Force Officer Qualification Test (AFOQT) scores and grade point Average (GPA). The AFOQT minimum of 10 or higher on the Quantitative score and 15 or higher on the Verbal score is mandatory for all applicants. Minimum GPA for rated and non-rated applicants is 2.50.
Can you become an officer without a degree?
To enter ADFA, you must satisfy entry requirements for a relevant degree at the University of New South Wales or equivalent. As it is a competitive process, it is recommended that you apply in Year 11.
How hard is Air Force officer training?
The Air Force Officer Training School is small as it commissions fewer officers every year compared to the Air Force Academy and AFROTC. Therefore, it is not easy to gain acceptance for Air Force OTS but is well worth the effort. The nine-and-a-half week course is extremely demanding physically and mentally.
Should I enlist or become an officer?
Officers will start out at a higher pay grade than enlisted personnel, though enlisted service members are eligible for a variety of bonuses that can be quite substantial. Officers will also receive higher benefits such as monthly Basic Allowance for Housing.
What disqualifies you from joining the Air Force?
The military doesn’t accept just anyone who wants to join. There are age, citizenship, physical, education, height/weight, criminal record, medical, and drug history standards that can exclude you from joining the military.
Can you become an officer in the Air Force without a college degree?
Officers are not required to have a college degree, but must attend Warrant Officer Candidate School (WOCS) before receiving an appointment.
Is it hard to become an officer after enlisting?
Luckily, all five branches of the armed forces have made it possible for an enlisted service member to become an officer. The specifics of Officer Candidate School vary from branch to branch. However, for most, enlisted service members must have a four-year college degree to be recommended for OCS.
How often do Air Force officers get deployed?
Those in Air Force jobs assigned to Band A can expect to deploy 6 months every 24 months.